Creating Your Own
Power of Eight Group
1. Join together with a small group. Eight is a “Goldilocks” number. It’s optimum:
not too few, not too many. But seven or nine participants works too.
2. Schedule a time to meet. Meet in person or virtually using Skype or another
online meeting service.
3. Get permission. Ask the person you want to do the intention for, unless the
person is a child or in a coma.
The Basic Procedure:
1. Be specific in formulating the intention. Begin with “Our intention is for …” and
then add the name of the receiver and the specifics of what you intend for them,
“and to be healthy and well in every way” at the end to cover anything else.
2. Take a few breaths together.
3. Hold the intention for about 10 minutes. Imagine the person healthy and well in
every way as you send the intention out to them through your heart.
4. Let go, trust the process, and slowly come back.